Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Quilty Home



Here's a little spin through my quilty home and a few others.  The quilted cover on Bernie is a modification of the one in Fresh Quilting by Malka Dubrawsky.  I added sides and cut the bottom to fit my Steady Table.


This is Gracie, my kitty, helping to display the quilt I made for my grandson's wedding.  Josh and Sarah liked it when I gave it to them.  It is the Curio pattern from Moda made with the Curious Nature fabric line.


My daughter, Nancy, gave this quilt the showcase position in her "Quilt Room".  It is an Americana version of Blue Waltz I by Planted Seed Designs.  I chose 10 Civil War Reproduction prints in blue, red, beige and black to produce twenty blocks instead of nine.  The scattered star border utilized all 10 fabrics.  The background was a pale beige cotton with impressions of leaves.  This picture makes it all look white but it is actually soft beige and reminiscent of the Civil War era.  My daughter lives in Virginia and there are Civil War battle sites all around their area.  


This Hunter's Star quilt made as a sample for my LQS, Quiltique, in Henderson, NV hangs above my family room couch.  At Christmas, I replace it with the next picture, which hung in the International Quilt Festival of Ireland in 2012.  No awards but it looked great hanging among the other great quilts in St. Nicolas Church in Galway.

Reflections of Winter by Jason Yenter incorporates piecing, paper piecing, applique and mitered borders.  This was a class I taught at Quiltique.  Here's the full view:


And Last But Not Least.  The quilt I made for my granddaughter, Kelli, on her bed at home.  It's a BQ in her favorite colors.



I hope you have enjoyed my little tour.  Come back anytime.

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful tour! All your quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Your quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts...particularly liked the Reflections of Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful quilts! You are definitely a quilter and the Hunter's Star is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing quilts.The Blue Waltz Quilt is beautiful. Great idea for the Bernina cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guilty!!! That Reflections of Winter really moves me! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very talented! I loved looking at your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous quilts adorning your home Regina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts. Yep, you're quilter for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the Christmas quilt - terrific border fabric on it, too! How cool for it to have hung in the Ireland show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your quilty home, that black and white one is to die for.

    ReplyDelete